Excellent learning and peer-to-peer networking opportunities with a cross-section of the nuclear industry.
The world’s first certified professional development programme for individuals in nuclear security management.
An extensive archive of information on nuclear security, both from WINS and from external sources.
Helping licensees assess the maturity of their security programme and measure their security culture effectiveness.
The World Institute for Nuclear Security (WINS) and the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR) held a joint workshop on Understanding and Mitigating the Insider Threat on 16th – 18th December 2018 in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The workshop examined the latest and most effective methods to assess and manage insider threats. It reviewed programmes and tools developed to ensure the reliability of personnel accessing critical areas or information. It also explored the role of different stakeholders involved in the identification and mitigation and assessed their current contribution to insider mitigation. The workshop built on the discussions held during previous international events run by WINS. It was conducted in English and drew only on unclassified information. The fully facilitated event included presentations, plenary and breakout sessions, and case studies to provide for maximum participation and involvement of all participants. The key objectives of the workshop were:
Head of Programmes
+43 1 710 6519 12
+43 1 710 6519 11
• International Workshop on Understanding and Mitigating the Insider Threat - Pierre Legoux
• Insider Threat: Social Science Insights and Applications - Dr Eric L. Lang
• Insider Threat - from a Regulator Perspective - Osama Alshehhi
• Dealing with Insider Threat in the Nuclear Industry - Rony Dresselaers
• Insider Mitigation Programme - Carol Higson
• Vetting as a Primary Element Required in Ensuring Trustworthiness of Individuals Accessing Nuclear Facility and its Effectiveness - Pinkie Rabali
• ITER Organization's Experience Ensuring the Trustworthiness of Individuals Accessing Sensitive Locations or Information - Christophe Ramu
• Leveraging IBM Security to help prevent / detect / mitigate security threats - Mike Kehoe
• Reporting serious concerns - Beverley Oliver
• Cyber Insider Threat - Anno Keizer
• Cyber Insider Threat Mitigation in Industrial Environments - Sultan AlOwais
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.