Excellent learning and peer-to-peer networking opportunities with a cross-section of the nuclear industry.
The world’s first certified professional development programme for individuals in nuclear security management.
An extensive archive of information on nuclear security, both from WINS and from external sources.
Helping licensees assess the maturity of their security programme and measure their security culture effectiveness.
Radioactive materials play an important role in medical, research and commercial facilities. Many of these facilities are open to the public and cannot be locked down like other facilities that use similar materials. These public facilities implement security systems to protect the radioactive materials; however, a facility’s security culture can make or break the security system.
Security culture is a term used to describe the beliefs and behaviours people exhibit in relation to security. It is one of the most challenging aspects—and underlying vulnerabilities—in the practical implementation of security. This workshop will discuss the role of security culture in a facility’s security system and why a strong security culture is so important for protecting radioactive materials. The workshop will also explore how disposing of radioactive materials or using alternative non-radioisotopic technologies will impact a facility’s security culture.
+43 1 710 6519 10
+43 1 710 6519 11
• Welcome remarks and objectives of the workshop - Dan Johnson
• Overview of the Office of Radiological Security - Cristen Ford
• Threats to radioactive sources - Ed Baldini
• Security lessons learned - Gary Forsee
• Security culture self-assessment tools - Claudio Gariazzo
• CP3 Program - Kevin Hacker
• Support programs for adopting alternative technologies and permanent threat reduction - Aaron Galvan
• University of California System-wide Approach to Replacement of Cesium Irradiators with Alternative Technologies - Carolyn Mackenzie
• Personal Experience with CIRP - Nikki Kurak
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.